Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Tonight I'm writing from Williamsburg, VA....Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving...I know we did....we ate way too much, but we DID walk this morning to thwart off any extra calories we consumed :-) The belly picture this week was taken after we ate our big lunch (however, I am actually getting larger in the belly, it's not just a big after-lunch stomach!!). The other photo is of Phil and me outside of the restaurant....

So, this week Lil' Fee will be 20 weeks (well as of Saturday)...I'm writing this a bit early, as I have downtime and I really wanted to write on the blog! She now is the size of a banana...man is she getting big!! She's about 10 inches from head to heel!! So this week of course her nickname is Lil' Nanner. I can feel her moving a lot more now...still not enough for Phil to be able to tell...but soon hopefully!

This last week or so has been marked with what Phil would call the "over worrisome expectant mother (aka. crazy woman) week"! I don't know what it was, but I was worried about everything related to Lil' Fee. First it was if she was really a girl...I mean I know they make mistakes on those ultrasound photos!! Next....the achiness in my lower abdomen....medically known as "round ligament pain"....it's the pain associated with your belly growing large...it can be a feeling that causes those who worry (like me) to worry even more. After that, I had a few more craziness episodes worrying about the lack of Lil' Fee's movements, not sleeping at night, and the sudden onslaught of lack of energy! I actually called the nurse at the doctor's office twice! Thankfully, I am now taking control of my craziness and listening to Phil when he says to stop worrying (ok, is that possible for a pregnant woman to do??!!).

Phil is being such a wonderful pre-daddy as I call him. I wake him up about every hour as I roll over in bed. You see I now sleep with a pillow between my legs to relieve leg and back pain, and moving around with that sure isn't easy! And all this happens in between my frequent trips to the loo! In Williamsburg at the condo, we have to sleep in two separate twin beds....I don't think Phil is complaining right now...ha! I think he said he had the best sleep last night :-)

Tomorrow Mom and I are on the quest to spend the day shopping at the outlet malls up here. Dad and Phil are going for the pancake breakfast with us and probably an hour of shopping and then back to watch sports....I plan to have some restraint and not buy a lot of baby things....Mom on the other hand did not confirm this same statement to me. So here's to another day of vacation with family, more good food and some shopping!!

Hope you and your family had a wonderful turkey day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment