
Today was the first day I wore a "maternity" shirt to work. This was a big step for me, as I have been holding out doing this - although I don't know why. The shirt wasn't actually a maternity shirt, but it's the new bohemian style shirt I guess you would call it (an empire style). Any way...I would not normally wear this type of shirt to work - even though it looks cute on most people - It makes me look preggo just normally I think :-)
This was a big step for me because there aren't many people that know about my pregnancy at work other than my team and a few others....even though I will be 17 weeks tomorrow. I work with a lot of engineers (men), so they don't really know what to say when I tell them I'm pregnant...so I just don't mention it that often - only to the ladies - who are all very supportive and excited about it. Some co-workers that I don't see often may be surprised one day when I have a belly growth spurt over night!
I'm not showing that much just yet...at least in my normal clothes....but this shirt definitely showed off more! Actually most comments I received were on how cute I looked in my shirt. Maybe, just maybe, I should have tried this style of shirt way before now!!! :-) Or perhaps they were talking more about my belly! Luckily, I picked up two of these shirts from Kohl's...ha!
I also noticed that one of my two pants that still fit are getting tighter in the waist, so I am going shopping this weekend at Motherhood for some pants. It's getting to be that time. Phil keeps cooking great desserts too, so that's not helping my waistline....but ooooo are those sweets GOOD...
I haven't really talked much about my cravings, which too have altered my waist :-) The first 10 weeks or so I would only eat Italian food...the cheesier the better....and mexican food...not the Chipolte kind of more like El Rodeo! I could have eaten it three times a day. Eggs, veggies and salads made me sick to my stomach. After 10 weeks, all of this went away...and now I am craving more healthy foods (thankfully). Ignore the Taco Bell that I had tonight...that was a Phil craving :-)
The only other side effects that altered my food intake were metal tasting mouth constantly (thanks to the rise in hormones) and some nausea ...I took Ginger tablets for the sick feeling and it worked amazingly! I would recommend this to anyone that is pregnant. I never actually got sick, but that nausea feeling is sometimes worse...food seemed to help, but sometimes not even that worked...but those Ginger tabs did!!
Through all of the cravings, Phil cooked me great dinners to match what I wanted or agreed to go eat Italian or Mexican almost every night...he is such a champ, and I know he's doing everything to keep me comfortable!
Well, tomorrow I should know the new size of Lil' Fee based on the babycenter.com fruit measurements! I will post that info to share...as it's always really neat to learn how much he/she has grown in one week!
And we are still on gender countdown to Nov. 17th :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment