Thursday, December 4, 2008

21 weeks and a belly to prove it!




I'm jumping the gun again to divulge the veggie of the week that best represents Lil' Fee. This weekend will be fairly busy with Phil's Mom (see photo) visiting us from Texas...I didn't want to miss my 21 week veggie blog, so here I am writing a tad early :-) Tomorrow marks 21 weeks....time is flying for sure! So this week (drum roll please.....)....a carrot is the winner. When I first saw this carrot photo, I was thinking..."what the heck??? A carrot!!" It's a pretty thin veggie, but I guess they are referring to the length... So...this next week, we will call her Lil' C for short!

She is 10.5 inches during the 21st week....and about 3/4 of a pound! That's not very heavy, even though I've been saying that her weight is part of my total weight gain. Ha...it's probably all the ice cream I'm eating. I am trying to walk more during the work day to try to keep the doctor's comments down regarding weight gain. Last time I heard..."oh, I see you've gained a coup....wait a FEW pounds!"....and then she went on to talk about the importance of exercising and doing prenatal yoga....I've never done yoga, and I can't even imagine doing it now with a bigger belly that makes me off-balance. So needless to say, I am passing on the yoga and sticking to walking.

Speaking of bellies....my belly is definitely getting larger....I can totally see it - well especially in my PJs. I stand in the elevator (when alone of course!) on the way up to my office and stare at myself from the side in the mirrors...hopefully there are no hidden cameras! When I'm in the elevator with people, I like to watch to see if they are looking at my belly, not knowing what to say or ask. I mean no one wants to ask if you're pregnant if you aren't! I don't know how they CAN'T tell...just check out my super baggy shirts, and my maternity pants that aren't fitting the best ....the stretchy band on the front hangs really low, because my belly isn't large enough yet to hold it up (I had to buy a much larger size than I'd like to mention)...so it is constantly showing from underneath my shirts...so baggy shirts plus stretchy band hanging below the shirt = preggo!!

I keep pulling the pants up (the band stretches all the way up to your neck, or at least that's how it feels)...If I think no one is looking, I just stop in the hall/parking lot/store, etc. and yank them up. I'm sure people might think I'm trying to give myself a wedgie!

Being that my belly is growing, you would think that Lil' Fee is moving up into my rib cage area...or at least near my stomach. Well, not so! It's the weirdest thing, but I think she is sitting right at the bottom, kicking away. I have been kicked in the bladder many times, and in other areas that I probably shouldn't mention :-) I thought she might fall out one night! She will normally rotate though, so after a day or so of that, she's up a tad higher. It's a cool feeling no matter what...she just keeps me guessing on where she will be!

Phil is still trying to put his hand over my belly to feel her. I know some of her movements he could feel, but they are so inconsistent that I never know when she will do them again. From all of these forum posts that I read....it's not really until the 26th+ week that people can feel externally. Not long...Phil's being really patient.

Well, on another note....this weekend, Lil' Fee will be fairly busy!! We are going to see the musical, Chicago. Nothing like getting her started on culture pretty early! She'll also go to another Canes hockey game (maybe she will be a good luck charm for them), and probably visit at least one craft show. She's most excited that I get a day off from work on Monday...ha :-)

Until next time.....Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon!
    I hope all is well! I'm looking forward to your next post (what vegetable could be next?)! Reading your blog has been so much fun and quite the education for Tarek and me! Thank you for sharing! :-)

    Talk to you soon,
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete