Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas, Family and Week 24...









We hope everyone had a great Christmas!....I can't believe it's already come and gone. Mom and Dad (Shannon's parents) were at our house for a few days ...We had a great time and were blessed with the gifts we received. Phil and Mom cooked a yummy dinner, and we played mexican train dominos and pool during the evening. On Christmas eve, we drove around our neighborhood as the 300+ houses have luminaries out lining the road - it was beautiful to see! Of course today, we braved the crazy crowds to head to the mall...I couldn't believe how busy every place was! I guess that's good for the economy :) Today we made some big purchases at Babies R' Us....We got the Jungle Luv bedding set (see photo), valence, lamp, and Phil's favorite thing...the stuffed giraffe! We are trying to get as much done to the nursery before Phil starts back to school in early January. For the most part, things are coming together. The dresser is on it's way as well! Getting the room together makes it all the more real :)

Well, it's not just the nursery getting done making it more real, but my belly size too. I think my belly button will "pop" in the next couple of weeks...it is well on its way! Attached is a photo of just how big Lil' Fee is getting and how my belly is expanding!

If you've read some of my previous posts, you've learned about my hip/pelvic pain while trying to sleep. Phil and I finally broke down and bought a 4" memory foam mattress cover, which I read really helps with this type of pain. Overstock.com will be my hero if this works! For now, I've found a good alternative to the bed....our sectional (couch) in the bonus room. It's a little more puffy, so I can sink down into it. Seems to be helping quite a bit....Although I hate to be separate from Phil...it means we both can sleep better for now. This is why I can't wait for the mattress topper, so I can get off of the couch...ha!

Tomorrow, Phil and my parents and I are headed down to Charlotte for the Meinike Car Care Bowl to cheer on the Tar Heels against West Virginia. Can't wait! Hopefully Lil' Fee can start to memorize the fight song, since she will hear me saying it so much! She will get a double batch of that, as on Sunday night, I'm headed to a Heels basketball game at the Dean Dome with some friends (thanks Olivia and Kris!!).

So, as this is week 24, it is one of the big milestones. They say that a baby born after this time can actually survive (with the help of initial medical intervention)....so that's always reassuring. I do hope she holds on for a lot longer! Will I say that if she's a week late?? :) Anyway...this week she is the size of an ear of corn.....getting longer and weighing more each day! She is over a pound, and over 11 inches. We can see her move sometimes through my clothes now, depending on how she's facing. Very cool!!

Well, thanks for reading this week! Also, wanted to wish my great friend Becky a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Saturday! Miss you :-)

Here's to moving on to week #25!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great to read about your baby experience. Isn't it amazing to feel the baby inside of you grow and kick. I love it. I love being pregnant and experiencing God's miracle that another human life can grow inside of us. Miraculous. Wish we could have seen you in Illinois. Can't wait to see you two in May after Lil Fee has arrived. We are praying for you here in Texas that this will be a safe and healthy delivery and that God will prepare you to be wonderful parents. Love you guys. Jennifer Helm

    ReplyDelete