Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year! Here's to the year of Lil' Fee (Week 25)







We hope everyone had a great New Years! Can't believe it's already 2009...but we are excited it's finally here, since in April Lil' Fee will be coming along. Over the past week we have been fairly busy with taking down Christmas decorations, shopping and football bowl watching. On Dec. 27th, Phil, Mom, Dad and I (and Lil' Fee) went to Charlotte to see UNC play West Virgina Univ. in the Meinike Car Care Bowl...(see photo)....Although the outcome for UNC wasn't the best, it was still a fun time and a good car trip!!

The next day, I went to a UNC basketball game against Rutgers, which was awesome. Lil' Fee heard the fight song many times, and of course felt my excitement for the Heels :-) Hopefully this will rub off...ha! Just to make sure it does, we are going to the UNC vs. Boston College game tomorrow :-) Last night we went to the Hurricanes hockey game with Ginger and Cam....I think she heard "Let's go Canes" a million times, so she could very well come out saying this too!

Phil has been talking to Lil' Fee every day now.....he bends down to put his mouth right near my belly to say good morning, etc. And also if there is a good classic rock song on, so he can tell her who the band is - she knows about Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam and others. I may have to put the headphones on classical music just to balance this music thing out...ha!

Lil' Fee has also been fairly active these days....I think I've figured out a pattern of two days really active and the next day she's fairly inactive. I think too that she turns around so that her feet and arms are facing inward so I can't feel her moving as much. They say that in utero, babies moves more at night, but I don't feel this usually at all....so I'm hoping that her sleeping pattern matches mine and she's sleeping at night! Normally if she's active, it's around 4am-6am...so we will for sure be busy in the early morning...

Speaking of sleeping.....our memory foam mattress topper finally came. Our bed is so high now, we can't even sit on it without climbing into bed. I can definitely tell the difference and would recommend one of these to people that aren't pregnant too! Last night I successfully stayed in the bed all night, instead of sleeping part in the bed and part on the couch. The key is to be able to sleep in a reclined position in bed if my hips do start to hurt. So far, the pain is much better since I stopped sleeping on a regular mattress. I just can't wait to sleep on my back after Lil' Fee gets here!

As of now, we have about 15 weeks left (until 40 weeks) if Lil' Fee comes on time....seems like the time is flying by. I'm grateful to have had a wonderful pregnancy so far, minus one scary time at 12 weeks. It makes it all the better to be able to share it with everyone :-)
Oh, this week, she is about the size of an average rutabaga (I have never had one of these before). She's about 13.5 inches long and about 1.5 pounds. My readings say that she will now start to fatten up, as she's really skinny right now, with wrinkly skin. Also, if we could see her hair now, we would be able to see what color it is! I've read that my hair is more lustrous now, because the hormones keep my hair from falling out. Apparently after you give birth, it starts to fall out again. It sure will be interesting to see the postpartum things that happen to my body - some are just scary to even talk about on here!

And one final note....we will have to do some training with the dogs before Lil' Fee gets here per the photo above... :-)

Thanks for reading, and have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment