
Hello and Happy Sunday! I thought this morning would be a good time to update the blog, as Phil and I just finished breakfast and are enjoying a Sunday morning together. This afternoon, I will be running around trying to find a few items for the nursery and other house items - some of the few items that need to be crossed off of our "to -do" list. Sunday's are normally Phil's study days for school, so I try to get out and give him some quiet time (I mean not that I talk all the time and bother him...ha!).
This week, I'm feeling really good! Just yesterday, Phil and I felt Lil' Fee hiccup for the first time...it lasted for about 10 minutes, and was very rhythmic...not like a kick or other movement. It was so neat to feel...they lasted quite a while, so of course that worried me (not Phil), but I have since read that it's very normal, and we shouldn't worry. Sigh..that's good!
Also, this past Monday, I took my gestational diabetes test....it was the worst tasting drink ever. Here's how I would describe it....an extremely flat, orange soda that is 75% sweeter than a regular soda...it was chilled, which was thoughtful of the Drs. office, but drinking the size of a soda bottle in five minutes was not fun. Luckily I had food on my stomach, because even then I thought I was going to get sick on the nurse. I was sweating and my eyes were watering. I got through about half and she said..." you have one minute left, so you should chug the rest". Ick! I did, and then chugged my thermos of water right after (this helps if you are going to be taking this test). So after all of that, you sit in the waiting room of the office for an hour and then they take your blood to check for glucose levels. If high, you then take a three hour test soon after. So far, I haven't heard back, which I'm hoping is a good sign....they only call you if you need to come back in. Since diabetes runs in my family, I have been worried about this. So fingers crossed! My next appt is in two weeks....
She appears to be growing on target, as my belly measurements show...and her heartbeat was 150 (good), tad high for her, but think it was due to that orange sugar drink! My iron levels were also very good...I think that's because I eat a lot of spinach and beans..both naturally high in iron. I also think that's why I have had a lot of energy this past trimester.
This past week we also visited a pediatrician's office (you have to choose one before you are admitted to the hospital)...We really liked it and will go with this practice: North Raleigh Pediatrics: http://www.northraleighpediatrics.org/ . They are about one minute from our house, and have weekend and evening hours with no extra charge! What a dream...ha! Thanks for the recommendation of a few friends for this practice...This was another item that we can now check off of the list. The next thing to do is talk to our Edward Jones financial person to see about 529 college plans and how we can better save once Lil' Fee gets here. Instead of lots of toys for b-days and holidays, we are thinking about asking family to give to the college fund. Lord knows how expensive it will be by the time she gets to that age! My grandparents did this for me, and it was so nice to have that saved amount after 30 years!
The rest of our list consists of major things to get done before Lil' Fee gets here...(Phil just loves this list...ha)....Clean gutters, make a few Goodwill runs, clean carpets in the house, power wash, stain and seal our deck, repaint the ceilings in parts of the house, and a few other things. These have been on our list for about a year, so figure we better get to them!
Oh before I forget...Lil' Fee is the size of a cabbage this week!! She measures 14.8 inches from head to heel, and weighs about 2 and a quarter pounds. Also, this week she will be opening her eyes and can most likely tell when it's very light out and may react to a bright light on my belly (like a flashlight)...so neat. Being pregnant is just amazing. I can't wait to tell Lil' Fee about all that we experienced, when she is old enough to understand :-)
Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment