Saturday, January 10, 2009

My stomach is a kicking ground




Well, Lil' Fee officially starts her 26th week today! This means in babycenter.com terms that she's about the size of an "English hothouse cucumber" - I wish they would pick more common veggies/fruits, as I can't even related to that one...unless I've had it and don't know it! She's about 14.5 inches long and about 1 and 2/3 pounds, and apparently adding fat each day to her body!

This last week, Phil and I have referred to her as Lil' Bruce Lee (martial arts expert). She is karate chopping me almost every chance she gets when she's awake. It's very neat to see, as one side of my stomach will punch out for a couple of minutes, and then if she's using both arms and hands, my entire belly area is pulsating! This doesn't hurt at all, but it feels like big thumps and bubbles at the same time. I can also tell when she's turning, as it feels like my insides are stretching, and I can feel a little movement that's not quick punches. New feelings each day, so it's very neat, but hard to describe. I expect to feel something from her each day, so if I don't (which happens), it can be worrisome. If I'm at work, I'll go walk around campus to get my blood pumping and sometimes that will work.

It's nice too, because it's quite obvious that I'm pregnant now, so I do get asked a lot of questions....and have been allowed to break in line when waiting for the bathroom :-) Now normally, I wouldn't do this, but when you have a little one pressing down, it's almost not something you can control!

I haven't had too many other issues recently...I've been able to sleep in the bed at night (yay!), and overall have a decent amount of energy! I do take more breaks and rests than normal, but I'm enjoying those since that time will go away very soon!

My next doctor appointment isn't until the 19th, so no new medical updates right now. After that date, I will go every two weeks...We have a scheduled appt. with the pediatrician office too (to take a tour, etc), so all is falling into place!

The nursery is still coming together...we get the dresser tomorrow from a company called Land of Nod - we love their stuff. If you are looking for kids furniture...check out their site...good quality furniture (plus they deliver and put it together for you...how nice is that????)

Thanks for reading this week, and I wanted to also say congrats to my friend Suzanne on her new baby girl, Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment