Just this past weekend, we drove to Santee, SC to enjoy a few vacation days with my parents. It was such a nice, relaxing time and we really didn't want to come back! Samantha had a great time exploring a new place and enjoyed some Oma and Opa time while Phil and I went to Charleston for a day. We had fabulous weather on Saturday and even though we had some drizzle on Sunday, we drove to Columbia, SC to tour the University of South Carolina (Gamecocks), and also some of the city.
I was really excited to eat at a Cracker Barrel on the way down (we never get to eat there), but little did I realize we would eat there another four times that weekend. I've had enough to last me another six months! Cracker Barrel was the most happening place in Santee, and their corn muffins rule!!
Samantha had a great time getting into everything in the condo! Her favorite thing to do was to push the deck furniture (table) around the entire deck. It was so loud that I know the people below us probably thought we were crazies since she kept pushing the wrought iron table around! I posted a couple photos of her...
After we returned to Raleigh, we were exhausted, but Samantha had other plans. She headed straight for our stairway to the bonus room and promptly climbed up them all be herself. Of course, I was at our friend's house picking up the doggies, so I missed it and had to settle for a text from Phil. But, she did climb the front set of stairs later when I got home....amazing!! She is fearless...sometimes I wish that I were still this way. She is also still talking up a storm. When we are out at a restaurant, she loves to wave and talk/ramble loudly so that people will look at her. True socialite like her parents :-)
We are now on the countdown to Samantha's first birthday. I am still surprised at how fast the time as gone. We are planning a small party for her with friends and family. I'm hoping the time I selected is good for her...she doesn't nap during the afternoon like most toddlers, so we will see what happens! On that same weekend, we are planning to have her baptized, so it will be a big weekend for her (and us)! What a wonderful weekend it will be!
Other than this, we are working hard at entertaining our sweet pea! Phil is also doing a LOT of schoolwork ...he has a few more weeks left in the semester and only three classes left after this...woo-hoo. He is doing a great job being a daddy, hubby, graduate student and everything else in-between :-) I am working to get some of the remainder baby weight off by making use of the daylight savings time! I am enjoying walking during the evenings around the neighborhood.... Yay for spring!
Here's to nice weather and flowers in bloom!

No comments:
Post a Comment