Monday, March 15, 2010

How things change in just one day!


We have been really busy in the Helm house recently, so I have fallen behind on our posts! Being that I'm about half asleep, I will keep this update short and sweet! A few things that Samantha did today just reminded Phil and I how things can change in just one day....

1. She smiled and waved at Phil and me this morning, and it melted our hearts :-) This is something new for her.

2. This evening, when she awoke at 8pm for some unknown reason, we had her on the floor playing. I went to the other room and turned to look at her. She came barreling toward the two steps between our bonus room and bedroom and promptly crawled up both without hesitation! She has never done this before. She then crawled back DOWN by herself, then crawled back up and back down again. We have been working on this many, many different times, and then boom, in one day she surprises us! We are just amazed with her. I know all babies do this at some point, but to see your own child do this is really something wonderful!

3. She is really soaking up what we do! We have been playing with one toy where you hit the balls through a circle and they drop down to the bottom after going through a maze-like thing. We gave her the "club" one day and she started hitting the balls and knew to put them back up top.

4. My Mom (Oma) taught her to point to an apple in the "play" fridge. We say..."where's the apple?" and she points to it!

Next week Samantha turns 11 months old...we just can't believe that almost a year ago we were waiting patiently to meet her. They are talking about her moving to the next room in daycare...the big kid room! She's ready, that's for sure!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment