Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week 38: Waiting game





So I have been told that from now on it's a waiting game, and that Lil' Fee could come at any time. This is exciting news, but I'm not that good at waiting :-) I'm a pretty punctual person, so if she follows my personality type, she will come on the 17th...ha! I have another doctor appt. on Monday, but I may pass on the internal exam to check my "progression". This exam is not the most comfortable, and I haven't had any changes in two weeks, so may take a week off of checking. I will see what the doc says about that.

On Thursday this week, I went in to check on Lil' Fee's activity level...she had decreased movement for two days, which concerned me and Phil. They conducted a non-stress test on Lil' Fee, and she passed! It was an interesting test.....they strapped a monitor to my belly to track her heart beat and then gave me a remote to press when I felt her move. Hearing her HB for 25 minutes was so comforting! AS she moved, her HB increased and then as she settled back down, it dropped off. The range was anywhere from 139-181....it's surprising how much she moves....some movements are very easy to miss, if you're not really concentrating on the belly. My doc said that her movement and heart rate were exactly what they wanted to see. From that test on, she has been moving fine...thankfully. Maybe she was just feeling lazy for a couple of days :-)
My blood pressure is still high, so my doc said that I have pregnancy induced hypertension...although it's not dangerous for the time being, they are just going to monitor until she arrives. Working from home is making all of the difference with this....My ankles swell about 50 percent less when I work at home, and my heart rate stays down....I normally sit in the recliner for most of the day and try to stay put. Phil is still being an awesome, sweet hubby and getting me all the things I need, so I don't have to bend down a lot or even get up! I don't know if I can ever make this up to him, for how good he's being....Last night I even got a back and foot massage from him!! Of course, then I passed out :)

Tonight, we are going out with the "Neighbors"....for a last couples night out. Sara and Mike are our old neighbors from Hopper street...We are going out for a nice BBQ dinner and then will be watching UNC play in the Final Four!! During the day, Mom and I are going to get pedicures, since I can't get to reach my toes! I am excited about this, since my toes are in need of some attention!

As for Lil' Fee's growth....she's the size of a leek, and weighs about 6.8-7lbs on average, and is about 19.5 inches long. All her organs are ready for the outside world...even her lungs (which are the last to fully mature). So, as the waiting game goes on, I am learning a lesson in patience! If there are any changes noted from my appt on Monday, I will update with a short post.....

When she does decide to come, I will update the blog, and both of us will update our Facebook pages (of course!!!), and send out an email. Can you tell I'm married to a techie??? ha!

Enjoy your weekend :-)









2 comments:

  1. What did you find out today? I was sure we'd run into each other at Wilkerson today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Will shoot you an email with details! :-)

    ReplyDelete