Monday, April 13, 2009

Update for 39.5 weeks....



Just a quick note to update everyone on my doc visit today. Unfortunately, there was no change from two weeks ago....so still no dilation, 70% effaced, and she's still low. I was kind of bummed about finding this out, but the doc said that my water could break at any time and I can still go into labor without being dilated...so I guess there is still hope she will come soon!!

The longest that we will have to wait on Lil' Fee is three more weeks. At one week (April 24th)after my due date, they will check my amniotic fluid via ultrasound and then give me a non-stress test to see if she is moving ok compared to heart rate. IF I have dilated some on my own, they will offer me an induction. If I have not dilated at all, they will wait another week to see if I go into labor on my own. The longest they will wait is the start of 42 weeks. They will automatically induce at that point. Doc said that a lot of times this leads to C-section after being in labor for a while. This sounds like fun...ha!

So it's still a waiting game! Such a good experience in patience for us. My next doc appt is Monday morning, assuming she doesn't come before then!

Attached are a few photos of the view of spring from our front yard. Just wanted to share - as seeing spring flowers always puts me in a good mood! Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment