Saturday, April 10, 2010

The making of a Lil' Tar Heel







Today, Phil, Samantha and I enjoyed a beautiful day on UNC's campus. We are so lucky to have had such nice weather. We went with my parents to the UNC Spring football blue/white game at Kenan Stadium....Samantha's first football game and trip to Chapel Hill! Of course in addition to seeing the football game and cheering on the Heels with the school's fight song, we also did a tour of the campus and went to see the Old Well (the famous landmark of the University). I wanted to make sure that she got a good view of where her Mommy went to college :-) We all had such a nice time, and it was great to see that so many people came out to watch the game (it was on ESPN). Looking forward to football season in the Fall already!

All-in-all things are going well at the Helm house. I will be starting a new job on May 3rd for the North Carolina Solar Center (I will be at NC State University employee!). I've been very interested in working for an association, and this one is focused on education, outreach, policy and research on renewable energy, green building and clean transportation. I count my blessings because I am so lucky to find a position in this economy, and it really is one that I truly believe in!

Phil is counting down the days until class is over. He is studying so hard and working on his final project. Only three classes left and he will have his Master's...a big day to celebrate. I joke with him and say Samantha will be 2.5 years old when he's done. It's so unbelievable how time flies!

As for our little girl...she is changing every so quickly these days. She has been saying "uh-oh" a lot, and wanting to walk all of the time (well assisted walking). Just yesterday, she stood by herself and took two quick steps toward me. We are counting those as her first steps! We both saw them, so we were very excited!! She also loves to play on the couch and do nose dives into the pillows. So cute to watch. I will try to take video of her one day.

For the longest time, she was not that interested in books or us reading them to her. Now she loves it! Her favorite book is "I Love you, Stinky Face"...we read it over and over, that I think I have it memorized! I'm so glad she likes to look at books...it's such a wonderful feeling to sit with her and share these special times.

Last weekend, we went to a Durham Bull's game, where the Tampa Bay Devil Rays played. Samantha did so well, and had so much fun. We love that we can take her places and she fits right in. We also had a nice Easter...fairly low -key...just lunch with Mom and Dad and then family time at the house. Instead of Easter candy, Sam got a book, clothes and bunnies. These were special bunnies that were mine when I was little. My mom brought them over, so that we could pass them down.

Hope you all have a great week! We are now in countdown mode to Samantha's 1st birthday on April 23rd. Our little baby is getting so big and growing up so fast.

Click here for photos from our trip to Chapel Hill today:

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment