Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friends, clothes, and shoes...a big week for a little girl!














I hope everyone had a very Happy Valentine's day! We had a special weekend, spending time with good friends, and celebrating Samantha's first Valentines, and also celebrating my Dad's birthday.

On Saturday night, we had the pleasure of having the Aziz family over (Tarek, Kelley and Aliyah) to our house. They are so much fun, and their 5-month old daughter is just precious. We don't get to see each other (all together) often, so this was a nice treat. I have a photo of the girls above....I hope as time rolls on, that they become friends.

On Sunday, my Mom and Dad came over to spend time with us, and also so that we could all go out together to celebrate my Dad. They brought a little goodie bag over for Samantha with some cute clothes and music book (I really dig the little sounds :-) In the photo above, Phil is reading her the book....I love this photo. Phil is such a good Daddy....it warms my heart to see him with Samantha.

This week, I had my very first parent-teacher conference at Bright Horizons. I thought...what can we talk about that is so official that we need to have this conference? I went to meet with her primary teacher on Friday, and went through so many development milestones that she's reached or exceeded (now these are milestones set my the "early-learner program" the daycare uses), but I know every baby is different. She of course shows a lot of strengths in the social, communication and language areas...Phil and I are big talkers, so this should not surprise anyone that she is too....ha! There are lots of other areas they go over, but in the end, I am thrilled with how far she has come. At the end, the teacher pulled out a portfolio of photos that have been taken since her first days at Bright Horizons as a 3-month old. I couldn't believe how she had changed physically, but also in her movements and facial expressions. I realized how much time has gone by and how fast it has gone. I started to tear up looking at these, realizing that she is developing and growing right before my eyes. I went back into her infant room and played with her for 20 minutes or so, and then had to head back to work. I just didn't want to leave her! This conference reminded me that I need to take in each moment with her (you should see how many pictures we take of her for this very reason)! And at the end of the day, no matter what the day brings...she brings out the best.

She reached another major milestone today...her first set of big girl shoes!! Before she moves up to the toddler room, she needs to get used to wearing shoes. Toddlers wear them all day since they go outside a lot. So, we put them on her when we went out to dinner, and they came off soon after. We need to work on breaking these in! A photo of her stylin' shoes is above.

This weekend, we are taking it easy. I have a ladies lunch on Sunday, and am really excited to see my girlfriends and catch up on our lives. Phil has been studying a lot on the weekends and working on a group project. He's doing so well with the workload this semester. I know it's hard on him to spend time studying instead of being with me and Samantha, but it will pay off once he's done. Keep up the good work, fee!!!!

And finally....happy 10 months to Samantha this week!

Here's wising you a wonderful week ahead :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment