Sunday, December 6, 2009

The holidays are a comin'.....



It seems like the days and weeks are flying by and I can't keep up with the weekly email posts I promised myself I'd do. So for those of you reading, I'm trying to keep this blog updated, so please do check back every one in a while :-)

Since I last posted, Thanksgiving came and went. It was a great time with family and Samantha...her first major holiday...complete with her "I'm stuffed" Turkey bib! I had planned on getting a photo of her in the bib, but I think it was always in her mouth...something we see a lot of these days. If Sam sees it, she puts it in her mouth, then on the floor. The other new thing is that if she sees it, she wants it. If you give it to her, she doesn't want it. She must grab it for herself :) I hear the toddler years are like that too...so good preparation. She's doing great with her solids feedings...day care has REALLY helped with this. We are so thankful for her teachers...they are amazing...they teach her more than we could I think!

Phil is nearing the end of this semester of lectures, projects, homework and exams...yippee! I know he is excited about this, and he will get to spend more time with the family unit! He is such a good Dad, and Samantha reaches out to him every time she sees him...so cute. He loves it that she continues to say Dadadadada most of the day. She said Mama twice (that I've heard)..it's more like Mmmmmammmma..lots of mmmmm sound. But hey, it counts! One exercise that I love to do with her is to pull her up from the sitting position..I say 1-2-3 and then pull her up...she loves it, and is so proud when she stands. She anticipates standing up after the "3"...it's so amazing to see this...she actually now knows how to follow patterns...oh it's so awesome to watch her. She is her own little person.

We can't wait for Christmas to come, and to have Sam open her gifts...what fun! She was a brave little girl and went with us to go shopping on the day after Thanksgiving...she only made it to Kohl's before crashing :) But she was the talk of Kohl's (we never anticipated how many strangers would talk to us once we had a baby!). Speaking of shopping, I still have a lot of this to do. Where does the time go? Is it bad to give too many gift cards?? :) It's amazing how the difference in a year makes...I used to love to go to the malls and shop, AND had time to do it. Flash forward to now...online shopping is the best. We allow one day for actual shopping at physical stores, and the stores must be big enough to fit strollers and tons of people!

As the holidays approach, we hope everyone enjoys all the parties, family time and craziness the season offers. What a Christmas this will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment