Sunday, November 22, 2009

A trip to the low country....











Today, we returned from a great trip to Hilton Head, SC...aka the low country. What a wonderful time we had....three full days of vacation....I've already forgotten what I was doing at work before I left. Now THAT's a good vacation! We rode down on Wednesday night in the hopes that Sam would sleep most of the trip...which she did. Day care of course wore her out. After a quick 5.5 hours drive from I-40 to I-95 and then SC HWY 278....and dinner from Zaxby's in the car...we arrived to meet my parents at the condo. I've never been more excited to get unpacked and relax. Traveling with an infant is sure different than just us. We filled up the Xterra with suitcases, toys, high chair, stroller, new bulky car seat, food, pack-n-play and so much more! We looked like traveling gypsies!!


On Thursday we had such a nice day down in the southern part of the island....where the famous lighthouse (not in use) is located. We had a yummy seafood lunch at The Crazy Crab, and then walked around to shop in the unique (and expensive) stores along the inlet. Sam loved being in her stroller and watching the water, pelicans and people. We also visited the famous (well at least around NC and SC) The Salty Dog Cafe...got my token T-shirt and plastic cup and some great time with the family.

On Friday, my parents were so nice to watch Sam as Phil and I went to Savannah for a day trip. I really did not want to leave Sam all day, but after we got away, I new my parents were right...Phil and I need time away alone. We had an awesome time....we both love to travel and sight see, so this trip was just what we needed. And of course, my Mom and Dad had a super time watching Sam..apparently she was a big hit when they went walking around the complex area. So now that we went to Savannah...we are all into the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"....since we saw all the places where it was filmed. We are watching the movie now...our favorite thing to do...visit a city and then watch a famous movie that was filmed there, so we can get all excited about the places we see in the movie! Yes, we are nerdy :-)

During the trip, Sam got to break in her new car seat ...We think she liked it...only a few fussy times in it, but I can expect that with 5.5 hours in the car! When we got home she amazed us even more....She started scooting across the floor a bit on her tush to get to some of her toys, and then scooted on her back as well. This is supposedly a pre-cursor to crawling! We had not seen this before, but I bet she has maybe another month before that happens. She's super active...bending to grab everything in site...on the tables and floors, necklaces, hair, utensils, ANYTHING, and then of course it all goes into her mouth. She's just the cutest thing ever. Our lil' best buddy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment