
I'm a little late in posting this week, but I wanted to wait until my doctor appt. that I had today before writing. I'm now going to the doctor once a week. So I thought I'd compare the results from last week to this week...Of course I was hoping for a lot of change in one week, but doesn't seem like Lil' Fee is in a hurry :-)
My results from a week ago showed that I was 70% effaced, zero dilation, and a station or engagement of -1 (range goes from -5 to +5 (birth)). So she is rather low. What I found today was that not much has changed....I'm still thinned out quite a bit, but also zero dilation.....really???? The doctor said she's really low and has dropped for sure. None of this really means anything, as my doctor politely reminded me that they can't predict when a baby comes. With all the technology they have....I think this should be a requirement! :-) Right now, it seems she won't be too early...and take her time. Doctor did confirm she is definitely head down, so she will stay this way! Happy about that for sure!
Today, however, they did become more concerned about pre-eclampsia again....not the news I wanted to hear, but they took some blood to make sure I'm not leaning toward this situation. Pre-ecmlampsia is the result of pregnancy induced hyper-tension (high blood pressure, extra protein, and swelling). The doctor took one look at my ankles - or as I call them cankles with tumors on the side - and became concerned when my blood pressure was higher. So I find out tomorrow if anything is showing up in my blood. I'll type a quick post to update once I hear the results. The good news is that she wrote me a doctor's note to work at home so that I can elevate my legs....this will really help. I will only do so probably two days a week.
Phil and I are enjoying spending some time together and with friends these last few weeks. We are going to some of our favorite restaurants, seeing movies, having poker nights (Phil), and just getting ready for Lil' Fee. I think we have done everything we can to get ready for her, so it's just a waiting game! She's definitely packing on the pounds. This week, she's the size of a stalk of Swiss chard (doesn't that just sound yummy!). On average babies are weighing 6 1/3 pounds and are about 19 inches long from head to heel during this time. Babycenter.com also states that a lot of babies have a good amount of hair!
So, while I'm elevating my feet at night, I've been reading about false labor pains, braxton hicks, hyperactive babies in utero (which Lil' Fee qualifies as this), all in the "What to Expect When expecting"book. I'm about to the point of knowing too much, and am on overload. I figure that even if I know all of this and have a plan on how it will all work, Lil' Fee will teach me a good lesson in flexibility. This will be one of many lessons that Phil and I learn through the years :-)
So, all-in-all, things are going great, Lil' Fee is healthy, and we are ready and excited! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment