
OK, well not a full-blown case of the cankles, but I can't seem to find my ankle bones anymore!! I think it happened over night one day and it's here to stay for the long haul. I have heard about pregnant women talk about feet swelling, and I must admit..maybe I thought I was immune...but not so!! I had to buy a pair of black shoes a size wider and with the fake leather that actually stretches even more. I wear these every day, let me repeat....every day, because my other shoes are no longer comfortable. I think my co-workers have gotten used to my repeated outfits and same pair of shoes. I live in black maternity pants and the same five shirts...ha! Thank you to those that never mention this to me :-)
Thank goodness it's still been cold out, and I can wear pants. Otherwise my almost cankles would be visible, and no one wants to see that with a pasty white winter tan!
My other observations this past week, is that Lil' Fee is going to be a night owl I think. Originally, a few posts back...I wrote that she never moved at night. Clearly, she was faking me out. Around 2-3AM, she is as active as ever, and wakes me up. This is where the jumping bean belly comes in to play. Literally, her movements make me sway I think while laying down! I can't go back to sleep until she sleeps (which is of course how it will be once she's here). Her pattern is to jump and roll around for about 1-1.5 hours, get the hiccups and go to sleep. I find this very cute, but do wonder why I just lay there waiting for her to sleep. I need to get up and be more productive I guess at 3AM, since I'm wide awake. I toyed with getting on Facebook this morning around 3:30AM to at least have peoples' status updates and photos keep me entertained :-) Alas, I still laid on the couch and thought about things that I need to do for work. All of which I've forgotten now, because I didn't write my thoughts down!
Today, Phil and I are going to Costco (thanks to a membership from my Mom and Dad!!)....we plan to buy diapers and formula there at least...because it's the cheapest around (cheap, but still good quality). After this trip, we will be as prepared as possible for Lil' Fee. If she came now, we would have everything and more than we need! Tonight, we are going to see the movie "Watchmen", as Phil is really wanting to see this one. He's been so wonderful while I was sick this week, so I am all for going to see a three-hour comic book movie that he's excited about :-) Plus, we are winding down on date nights...so this is a treat!
Oh, this week, Lil' Fee is the size of a cantaloupe!! She is 4.75 pounds and 18 inches long...and I'm guessing still in the transverse position..but I am no doctor, so I can't say for sure. Her kicking patterns seem to fit this though. Plenty of time for her to turn, so not too worried!
Well, thanks for reading this week. Cheers to my almost cankles and jumping belly! And how can I forget....GO HEELS, BEAT DOOK on Sunday!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment