Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jackson Cooper Helm










We are so excited to say that Jackson has arrived. Yes, he arrived last Friday at 10:31am, but this is the first chance that I've had to update the blog :-) He entered the world weighing 9lbs 14oz and was 20.5 inches long....a big boy!! Everything went along as planned (which is awesome since I greatly appreciate well executed plans)...my c-section started on time at 10am. The only different between this surgery and the one with Samantha is that I knew exactly what was happening ahead of time (not sure if it's better to know or not know, since you can lie there thinking about what they are doing). Phil was great...he talked to me the entire time and kept me distracted until I heard "wow he has a big head"....I assumed they were talking about Jackson and not Phil, so that was my first indication that Jackson had arrived...minus all of the tugging at my torso area :)



After finally getting a recovery room at REX after four hours of waiting (alone! away from Phil and Jackson) all was right with the world. I was able to see Jackson again and also Samantha and my parents came as well soon after. Such a wonderful experience to see Samantha interact with Jackson...words can hardly describe.



Samantha is wonderful with him...she wants to take care of him and do everything, which is hard since she physically can't do a lot of the taking care of part. She asks for him all of the time...She is smitten and of course I am too. I didn't know what it would be like to have a son, but it's amazing...a different experience from having a daughter. Phil and I are so blessed to have the opportunity to experience both.



Today, Jackson is five days old...and his first Dr. appt is tomorrow...I'll post an update after that appt.



Thanks for all of the well wishes! We are lucky to have such great friends and family.



Love, us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment