Wednesday, May 25, 2011

KB's birthday is less than 48 hours away!











I can hardly believe it. Phil reminded me today (on my vacation day) that I had not updated the blog in four weeks. Yikes! I swear it seems like I just did it yesterday. So today, I took a few photos of KB's room, as it's as pulled together as it's going to be before he arrives on Friday! For a while we were using it somewhat for Samantha, but we have now transitioned everything into her room. We've washed all his clothes, got the pack and plays ready, gone through Samantha's old "gender neutral" clothes and taken all the ones that don't look girlie for KB, got the car seat base and car seat ready to go, and packed KB's and my hospital bag (Phil is waiting until the last minute!)....So I say we are well on our way to meeting our son on Friday!!


We are very excited! Samantha has been talking about her brother and babies for a long time now, so I can't wait for her to meet him. She will come after her nap on Friday afternoon with my Mom and Dad. My surgery is scheduled for 10am on Friday, and we must be at the hospital at 8am. I'm hoping that we get to see Samantha before we leave, so that we can have one last family threesome photo before we become a foursome! I am thrilled about having another child, but also know I will miss the 1:1 time we have had with Samantha. She is such a wonderful child and watching her grow has been amazing. It will be even more amazing to see her as a big sister though :-)


Please say a prayer on Friday morning that all goes well. If it does, we should meet KB before 11am!! :-)


Many thanks to all of you have helped us and supported us through the last 9 months. We are so grateful for everything and can't wait for you to meet our new little one. Oh, and we will of course reveal his name on Friday!!!! It's been very hard for me to keep that a secret :-)



Much love, Phil, Shannon and Samantha



PS...I've added one photo of Samantha with her first pony tail (she wanted to have one like mommy). She is such a cutie pie.....we are so happy that her hair is long enough to put up now...yay!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment