So as Phil, Samantha, the doggies and I took a walk this evening, we (the only adults) started talking about all the nicknames we have given Sam so far...and they are piling up! I thought it might be neat to list them out here and tell where the weird ones came from :)
Lil' Fee - this was Samantha's first nickname when she was still cookin'. As a reminder, Phil and I call each other Fee, because when we first got engaged, it was less overwhelming to call each other Fi (fee) short for fiance'.
Sam - the obvious
Sweet Pea - this was what I came up with when Phil said we need to move past the Lil' Fee stage
SP -short for Sweet Pea when we are feeling conversationally challenged or when we are texting :)
Pumpkin - Phil's and Randy's (Phil's dad) nickname for her on some occasions
PJ - guess this could be short for Phil's favorite band, Pearl Jam, but what it really stands for is Phil Jr. Most people say that she looks like Phil, so we started saying Phil Jr., but PJ sounds better!
Monkey/Monkey Feet - every time she lays down her feet go up in the air, and she wraps her legs around things. She also has crazy pinky toes that are triple-jointed I think :)
Sammy Mac - Short for Samantha Mackenzie
Darlin' - I'm from the South, so this one is a given
Boopie - My newest one. One day I was trying to make her smile when changing her diaper...I said..."you made a poopie" in a really high voice...and she smiled and laughed...so I kept saying Poopie. Then I thought....why am I saying Poopie to her all the time, so I changed it to Boopie, and now I call her that...she always smiles...and that's why I still do it! Although most people think I'm still calling her Poopie (can't they tell the difference!!!)???
Boop - now Boopie's evolved to Boop. Even Phil's gotten addicted to how cool it sounds...ha!
Boopinator - I said this one a few days ago...it may replace Boop in a week or two :)
So, Samantha is probably thoroughly confused about her identity, but hopefully she won't remember this as she gets older. I'm sure as time goes by and her personality develops, we will have many more.
She is such an awesome child and we are having so much fun with her. In the past couple of weeks, she has mastered rolling onto her belly and then back again. She can also sit without being supported...she reaches for toys and picks certain ones over others. She is amazing to watch, as you can see she's learning with everything she does. I love taking her on walks around the neighborhood...she watches trees blowing in the wind, dogs and people passing by, and them ultimately will fall asleep in the last five minutes of the walk....guaranteed.
She still has only the bottom two center teeth showing...they are still shooting upward...and are so darn cute!! We are so blessed and we realize this every day. Boopie is our little miracle :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment