
A couple of weeks ago, we saw one tooth just below the gum line. We couldn't believe it, as Samantha was not even 5 months old! Well, now that she turned 5 months, the tooth fairy must have noticed, because she now has two teeth that have broken all the way through!! They are so cute, but they are also causing quite a bit of pain for her. Tylenol has become our friend. Of course, I freak out that we will make her OD on it, but that's just me being crazy. She's back to her normal self after we give it to her, and it's totally worth it not to have her in pain.
Samantha has also turned in a little jumping bean (I should have known from the way she was in my belly!)....We bought her a jumper that hangs from the doorway, and also a Baby Einstein stationary exersaucer. She loves the jumper, but hasn't quite figured out the saucer...she's still a tad bit small for it. But she loves to move her legs....I swear she will be walking next week...ha!
On another note, Phil has started getting very busy with grad school and work these days...so Sam and I spend a lot of time together...that way he can get more done at night and on the weekends...As Sam and I play together, I'm amazed at how much she has developed...She grabs things with intent, and pushes away things she doesn't like. We are bringing out toys for 6-9 age range now, as she seems to enjoy those more. She's also in 6-9 month clothing! It's crazy how fast we are putting things away in the attic now....mostly clothes...We have decided to hold on to them until we decide if Samantha will be a big sister!
In some of my "free" time, I've been attending the Discovery Class at North Raleigh UMC.....It's been interesting as part of the process for joining the church. I've been wanting to find a church that we can go to, and for Samantha to be baptized, and so that she can grow up going to UMYF (youth group)...Hopefully this will be the place. Once I join, I hope to set her baptism, and would like for friends to come if they can! In other free time, (thanks to Oma and Opa for babysitting!), Phil and I went to the UNC/ECU football game last Saturday...we had a good time going back to campus...we had season tickets for many years, but gave them up this year to save money.
Other than that, we haven't done much, but play and entertain our little Samantha (well and of course go to work). We've been able to meet with friends here and there, which is great...and healthy for us to maintain our sanity. Life is good right now - busy, but good.
And one final note....CONGRATULATIONS to our good friends Tarek and Kelley on the birth of their little girl Aliyah. She was born on Sept 25th, and she is just beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment