I started talking social media at work today and realized that I haven't updated my own blog in a while....I'll get back to being more regular at blogging...just trying to get the daycare/work/night routine down. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. The hardest part is not getting home before Samantha goes to sleep for the night. I know that will change in time, so I'm just playing the waiting game. I so enjoy her now...not that I didn't before...but she's changed so much. She is becoming her own person (if a 4 month old can do that!).
She now laughs and smiles almost constantly! If you're not looking at her, she makes a noise and then gives you a huge smile when you look at her. It makes both Phil and I melt. She has us wrapped I think....ha. She is also really starting to "talk" a lot more. I think it's due to day care and the other kids...she's learning so much. I have to admit, I was worried about her in day care....but her teachers are fabulous, and you can tell they love being around kids. We take her to Bright Horizons...a great program if you are looking for care for kids...
So, as I stated in the title above...Sam has been a busy girl, which means we have too. Our latest adventure was a long weekend trip to Baltimore with our friends The Rices (giving a shout out to Willow Spring!! :-) We left Thursday night, hoping that Sam would nap most of the time. She did for the most part...we rolled into town around Midnight, checked-in and put Sam to bed. She woke up around 3:45am and 5:30am, so Friday was a loooong day! This is what happens when you change a baby's routine...
On Friday, we visited ESPN Zone....Sam watched Mom and Dad play air hockey against the Rices, Phil ski, and the gang bowl (all video game type things). She did great with the noise, and really just people watched. Next up was Hard Rock...a very noisy place, but she loved it. Phil carried her in the front infant carrier, so she napped some, but also was able to see a lot more than if in a stroller. That night, Phil and Cam went to an Orioles game (well Phil went to see the LA Angels play against them), and Ginger and I went shopping. Sam drew more attention than a naked person running through the streets! I swear, people love babies, and Sam loves people - win-win for Phil and me :-)
On Saturday, we all braved the super hot day....I think that I lost about 15 lbs (if only!!). Sam did great...she was really sweaty like the rest of us, but we got her into the air conditioning a lot. The highlight of the afternoon was a "Ride the Duck" tour...this is a vehicle that can drive on land and also acts like a boat. Highly recommend this tour in the cities you can find it (Baltimore, Seattle and San Fran are the cities I know of)....It's not a tour for those that want a peaceful view of a city....instead on this tour, you hear duck quacker type noises from a mouth piece they give out, loud music and bad jokes from the "captain". Cam had a lot of fun, and trained the people on board to quack the tunes of songs. Samantha did wonderful....she did not cry, and even slept through all of the noise. We received quite a few comments about her being a good baby. We are blessed!!!
Saturday night was another Orioles game...the first for Sam. We even got her an official certificate from the Oriole's fan appreciation center, that noted the special occasion. This is really neat, and something that hopefully Sam will appreciate seeing later in her life!
We also went to a Durham Bull's game the weekend before with my Dad. We all had a great time. Sam liked watching the people and she got excited when others did. She also tried to nap, but the announcer and crowds often woke her up. We just love taking her places...she's our little buddy :) We can't get enough of her. I still stare at her while she's sleeping thinking of what a miracle she is.
On a personal note, I'm on a mission to lose some of this baby weight. Although I have enjoyed wearing maternity clothes and the elastic belt (it's so nice during the holidays for eating purposes!), it's time to get out of these things!! I've started Weight Watchers and have lost about 10lbs. I have a ways to go, but as with all things it takes time. I enjoy being a Mom, and if that means I'm a little squishier and soft these days, that's fine with me!
I've posted some of our photos on Facebook and have attached the Snapfish link for the Durham Bull's and Baltimore trips. Hope you enjoy. I know I like taking them :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment