Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 31: Is my anxiety kicking in yet?? :-)


Most everyone that knows me, knows that I am a planner and worrier. Although I don't know if these are super great qualities, they have definitely got me to where I am today, so it works for me! :-) As the weeks go by, Phil and I are remembering that these are our last weekends as just a couple....and if you think about it, and how your life will change with a baby, some may wonder why I'm not more anxious or worrying more than I am! Well, I can't say that I'm not worried about how and when she will come, but I AM excited about the new change in our lives, and for the fact that we aren't living just for us as a couple any more. We are super excited to have Lil' Fee come at any time she is ready (well hopefully she will hold out until 40 weeks!)....So really our anxiety is not kicking in yet...maybe on the day we go to the hospital?

We realize we only have a handful of weekends left, and we have filled some of those day doing stuff with friends, and left a few for just us to relax and prepare. Her nursery is about done, my to-do list has shortened some...with the remaining items left to be done in March.

We have our preparing for childbirth class on March 14th, and at that point, she will be due in a month's time...At work, I'm extremely busy trying to wrap up projects or complete them before leaving. I will be out for 12 weeks, and then return (mid-July)...I am probably putting more stress on myself at work to get everything done, but that's how I roll :-)


Oh, I had an appt. last week, and all went well. I am measuring on schedule, and her heartbeat was at 160...she was moving around like crazy, so the doctor had to chase her to find her chest...it was so cute. The doctor was amused by her...maybe other babies nap when they go in! I'm going every two weeks now, so I have another appt next week.

This week babycenter.com has her the size of four navel oranges. She is over 16 inches long and weighs about 3.5 lbs! Apparently she is beginning to "plump up" with body fat, and she's turning her head side-to-side, as well as looking all around in the womb. I think I can tell when her eyes officially opened, as from that point on, she has been moving like crazy! She gets the hiccups a lot too..maybe 3-4 times a day or more...

Well, here's to another two good months for Lil' Fee before her expected arrival...We can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment