Sunday, February 20, 2011

Grapefruit junky and a kicking machine












So I must admit that I have turned into the grapefruit queen. Not just any grapefruit...a huge, Texas-size ruby red grapefruit to be exact....I'm craving these more than water these days (really since day one). I bring this up because today while shopping at Wholefoods, someone actually commented on the number of these things that I was shoving into a plastic bag. I'm surprised no one has said something sooner, although Phil definitely has. I am eating at least one if not two a day now. Why? I guess KB likes them or I am turning into a crazy eater. So if anyone is curious as to what I am craving...HUGE, RUBY RED GRAPEFRUITS!!!! :-) With Samantha all I wanted was pasta, mexican and sweets....so a big difference so far!

This could be the reason for my next observation....KB could quite possibly end up being more active than Samantha - which Phil and I can't believe. I have never been kicked or punched so much!! A few times, he has actually woken me up from sleeping...Phil would argue that this is not hard to do :-) It is really neat to see him move so much... Today, after lunch, I was resting a book on my belly and the book actually popped off my belly when he kicked or punched me (I'm not sure if he's using feet or hands just yet!) He must have liked the Red, Hot and Blue BBQ I scarfed down at lunch :)

Another major difference that I'm noticing between Samantha and KB is that he is fairly active at night and overnight, which Sam was not....She is a great overnight sleeper, so I'm afraid we may not be that lucky this time around. I can count the quiet times that KB has and it's usually only starts about an hour after a meal...and lasts for a little while. I'm seeing lots of sports in his future...ha!

On Monday, I hit the six month mark of pregnancy....we can hardly believe that KB will be here in three months. Even before this, Samantha will turn 2!!! Where does the time go?? We are slowly transitioning Sam's new room...just yesterday we picked up her mattress to put on her twin bed. We also sold the futon that was taking up extra space in the room, so we now have it looking like an actual little girls room! We are very excited for her to move on from her nursery...she really likes her new space. Not sure when we will transition her fully, but we will get her into that room before KB comes (even if we have to move the crib still).

As for what's new with us....Phil took a new job within IBM a few weeks ago, and is really liking it. I think it was time for a change. He's learning a lot and enjoys the new team...so we are very happy with the opportunity that came along. Phil is still taking grad school classes, but will graduate in December (yay, I smell a party in the works!!) I am still loving my job and give thanks for such a great team to work with and a great manager. He's been very supportive of my pregnancy. We have been getting out and about a lot recently since it's been warm....the local city park is close to us, so we try to go on Sundays...Samantha is a little dare devil and likes to go down the big kids slide on her belly...so cute to watch! We also attended a birthday party for two, 2-year olds at the downtown kids interactive museum... (see photos above). We had a blast...can't believe that Samantha has "friends" (most of the kids were from her day care class). One of our home projects for the kids is redoing the swing set area that is in the back yard.. It needs some TLC, so we are fixing it up instead of buying a new one. This also means overhauling the ground around it, since it's back in the "natural" part of the yard. We are trying to get this done before all the crazy, NC bugs and insects come out from hiding in the spring :)

Well, time to wrap up and get on the elliptical before Sam wakes up from her nap. Got to keep up the cardio for at least 10 more weeks or so! I sure wish all those grapefruits I'm eating would keep the weight gain at bay. At least it's not as bad as a cookie :-)

Oh, and before I forget.....KB is now as big as an English Hothouse Cucumber (seriously, this is what Babycenter.com says!!)

Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment