Hi everyone! Thanks to those of you who ask about my blog....I'm so glad to share news with you...it reminds me to slow down and record our thoughts and enjoy the moment!
So as most of you know...we are pregnant with a baby boy! I am about 23 weeks along, and things are going very well.
Let me start off with telling you more about our little boy "KB". Don't get excited as KB has nothing to do with his actual name. If you remember, we called Samantha "lil' fee", so we of course had to have a nickname for baby boy as well. KB came about because at a particular week in pregnancy he was the size of a kidney bean....so Phil started calling him "KB" before we even knew we were having a boy. So it stuck with us.
KB is doing great so far...he is measuring on track and is healthy! He moves a lot....a lot more than Samantha did...it's very comforting to feel him move, and he's even starting a pattern of movements (times of day/night he moves). My next visit is the gestational diabetes test...This is my least favorite...even though I LOVE sugar, this drink is a little much for me. Last time I almost got sick about 10 minutes after drinking the mixture. Hoping for a better reaction this time around! At 30 weeks, they will schedule my c-section date, so I will know this way ahead of time. This will be different than last time and the planner in me is loving it! I'm not loving the surgery part, but that is what it is.
This pregnancy, I have been exercising 3-4 times a week and still seeing my trainer...It's really helped me feel better and also has kept my weight down. There are many times at night where I'm dreading getting on the elliptical, but I know it will make a difference. Kudos to my trainer for keeping me on track and for the accountability.
This week KB is the size of a spaghetti squash, on his way to being a large Mango on Monday :-) Each Monday is when my week changes...so I'll be 23 weeks on the 31st. May will be here before I know it!
We are really excited about the change of having another child...Samantha will love having someone to play with...she's such a helper and is so compassionate...She will be a wonderful big sister. Just the other night, as we were watching her play, I told Phil that I will miss our time as a threesome...Samantha has been so amazing and we've been able to watch her grow and learn so much. We are so lucky to be her parents and there are times where I'm not ready to give up spending all my time with her. But when I think about having two children and the joy that it will bring, I move past our threesome and think about our new foursome that will bring double the amount of excitement...not only for us, but for Samantha as well.
Samantha is still doing great...she learns new words every day. Right now, everything is the color yellow..it was pink a couple of weeks ago :) She understands what we are saying and can most of the time respond so that we understand her. She is becoming more independent each day..I love that, but also miss being the one to take care of her!
So, for my final note here....I wanted to show some photos of KB's new room items and the theme we chose....AND I also took a few photos of Samantha's new room (she is moving out from her current room). Her current room is blue (see photo with crib). KB will be in her current room. It's all very exciting...we just have a lot more to do :)
And one final note....we won't be sharing KB's name this time around. We wanted to keep something a secret!!
Enjoy the upcoming weekend and thanks for reading!
-Shannon

No comments:
Post a Comment