Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2 month check-up...






I can't believe Samantha is two months old already. She has changed so much since we first brought her home....now she is smiling most of the time she is awake, reaching out for her toys, cooing at us and her toys, and sleeping a tad better at night. She is no longer a newborn....crazy!!
Today, she had her first set of shots from the doctor. Most of them I can't either pronounce correctly or even remember....she had three shots via needle and one oral drop. Over all she did very well...only fussy just after the shots were given. Basically she slept for the next 4.5 hours, woke up, ate and was a tad fussy, and then fell asleep again. We gave her some infant Tylenol which seemed to help. At this appt., we also caught up on her stats:

Height: 23 1/4 inches - 77th percentile. That's over 2 inches more than when we last went in around 3 or 4 weeks.

Weight - 12lbs - 52nd percentile - Last time she was 10.15 lbs

So looks like she is growing well...she is a lean baby....growing length-wise faster than putting on weight I think! Not surprising since the Hrdlicka side of the family is full of tall people :-)

This week, my good friend Becky was in town from Chicago. We went to UNC together and were in the same honor fraternity (Phi Sigma Pi)...we've known each other since 1995. It had been over a year since we saw each other last. It was such a blessing to have her here with us, since she was able to see Samantha and bond with her quite a bit. The photo attached is of Sam when Becky was singing "Who let the dogs out?". Sam loved it! Becky helped out so much with Sam, giving me a much-needed break during the days...

On Monday, Phil and I took Samantha into my office to let my co-workers meet her. I wasn't sure how this would go, but she did great and everyone loved meeting her. She was passed around to a few people, all the while smiling at them. That trip reminded me I'm not yet ready to go back to work!

On Tuesday, we headed over to Chapel Hill and Franklin Street...we had so much fun seeing campus and reminiscing....Also, it was Sam's first trip to the "Southern Part of Heaven" :) We were able to get a photo of me and Sam in front of the Old Well, the traditional landmark of the University. She did really well on the trip there...just one fussy time, but she was exhausted I think toward the end. I was too, but adults don't cry when they are tired...ha! :)

Tomorrow (Thursday) we leave for the beach with our wonderful friends, The Harrisons. We are going to N. Myrtle Beach for a long weekend....Phil and I can't wait...our first traveling trip with Sam. We have started making a list of what we need to take for her. It's double what we are taking for ourselves, and even warrants us taking the SUV!! So many contraptions to take (pack and play, stroller, play mat, front infant carrier, car carrier, and all the clothes, etc that we need to haul down.) I will for sure take a lot of photos and send them out once we get back!

Well, that's it for this week. It was quite a busy one!! I head back to work in about 3 weeks...I'm enjoying every last bit of my leave....believe me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment